Wednesday 20 June 2012

A day of devastation to the normal course of life.

Today I have been diagnosed with Testicular Cancer. There I said it...

From a visit two weeks ago to the docs to an ultrasound scan on Monday last week, and then the bombshell appointment this morning.

I had a suspicion of the worst because of the exceptional speed that things have progressed.

So, right before the day of my 47th birthday I'll be going in to have the culprit removed (right one). I'll just have to shorten my favourite curse to BOLLOCK from now on.

I have had a cough since roughly the same time that I noticed things were painful and not quite right, ie. testicle had grown larger, I've been driving people nuts with the cough. But reading up a bit on the condition this might imply that lymph nodes may be affected, so I'm getting an X-ray to the chest as well.

Well at least the op will be swift, I shall only be in the hospital for the one day, possibly two at the most. I'll then be off work for around a week or so.

Was going to book holiday too next month so that we could go on a walking holiday again this year, but it looks like I won't be walking far after the next week.

I may opt for a holiday to Lake Como if I can get reasonable flight
prices from Glasgow to Milan. There is a very nice little place called Varenna on the east side of the lake, it's the perfect place to chill out and watch the world go by (maybe I'm being optimistic thinking I'll be able to go).

Well for now I'll sign off, I will try and keep this blog up to date with the progress over the course of the treatment to come.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. What a horrible shock for you. I hope all goes well for you. It would be great if you can get a reasonable trip out to Lake Como, relaxing and peaceful. Sending you loads of hugs xx

    ReplyDelete