Thursday 26 July 2012

Relief is in he air

Just to bring everyone up to date, the CT Scan results and the blood test results all came back clear.

I'm very relived at this as you may guess, I now have a course of Carboplatin (chemo) to go through.

No longer am I back from a break to Dublin than I have an appointment for the Monday coming to go into a day ward to have the precursory tests done to determine the dosage of Carboplatin I'll be given. This involves being injected with some radioactive solution and bloods taken every hour or so over four to five hours.

I'll be glowing in the dark after that :-)

But seriously, I'll be given only one course of chemo to make sure that my chances of reoccurrence is minimised.

The reason for this is that due to the other various past surgeries I've had I'n my life is have a 20% chance of reoccurrence over and above the normal amount.

So the chemo will be done in the next couple of weeks.

Signing off.... But not bailing out....


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment