Monday 9 August 2010

Grumpy bastard

Sight degrading rapidly as it acclimatises to non contact use, I have been getting progressively more irritable as my wife will attest.

I went down her throat for suggesting that we go and get some essentials today on the way to the dinner party we were going to, just because we would have had to walk some distance.

I feel really bad about that. But I'm getting a bit apprehensive walking anywhere now. I fail to see the Kerb as I'm crossing roads, I'm unable to make out anyone coming towards me with any certainty and as for being able to read anything like prices etc... Well...

I'm having to squint quite badly right now just to write this. My eyes are beginning to hurt.

Keratoconus is the problem, and not just your normal type. I happen to suffer from that and a slightly more rare form called Posterior Keratoconus. The former affects the surface of the cornea and the latter affects the rear of the cornea. I'm very lucky, that the odds are so high that your only really supposed to suffer from one type, I have both.

Enough with the self-pity now, I want to go for a short break away from the normal daily trudge of life, but alas it been left too late. Looks like I'm stuck in Glasgow for the duration :(

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment