Thursday 10 January 2013

Well here I am again....

Yes well, I have been a little quiet on the blogging side of things. Cancer gone, Chemo over and slowly getting back to normality.

What was that line again from Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy?
"four to one against and falling...three to one...two...one...probability factor of one to one...we have normality, I repeat we have normality. Anything you still can’t cope with is therefore your own problem."
I have in fact returned to full time work, that happened just before Christmas. I am now looking in other directions for a hobby, and if you happen to follow my twitterings you may have noticed some rantings about QuadCopters.

Yes indeed, I've gone so nuts and impatient over acquiring one of these that I've taken the steps of going down the route of building my own. I have even purchased all the bits I need to assemble one, though these parts are all coming from Hong Kong and will take a while.

You see I'm trying to get away from my hobby being the same as my work, so I'll be spending less time in front of computer screens.

My main aim eventually is to get the QuadCopter to take aerial photos and video, To start with though I'm not being overly ambitious, all I want to do is get a basic rig up and running, just straight Remote Controlled stable flight. Later on there will be GPS automated flight where it will become autonomous taking off and following a pre-programmed flight path before returning and landing automatically.

Anyway, enough for tonight, hopefully I'll start to blog again more often, and also start to create some verse again. I'm sure there are some out there that would like to see that again.

No comments:

Post a Comment