Monday 11 April 2011

Monday 11-4-11

Today I had an appointment at the hospital for a checkup on how my corneal graft was getting on.

Let me start be swearing at FirsBus... Fecking First Sh*ty bus...
There are only around two of the 118 bus route services that would take me straight to the hospital in the mornings, I was going to take the last one so it would get me there on time for the appointment, but the buttering bus decided that it would bypass out area altogether, thus making me have to get two Fecking busses that hardly went anywhere near the Fecking place.

Sorry for those who have sensitive ears :-)

I can say is that the graft is healing well, but I seem to have a problem with eye pressure. The pressure is not excessive but it is around the 30 mark. If this was to persist for a prolonged period of time it would progressively damage the optic nerve.

As of today I am now taking four different drops for the right eye, one for anti rejection (this is causing the pressure buildup), one antibacterial and two for reducing the pressure caused by the anti rejection drops. It's a bit of a pain to say the least, but hey, if I get reasonable vision back in the long run it's worth it.

They also took one of the stitches out today because it was causing irritation. Was not as bad as I thought it would be.

And here's a pic I took of my eye, look closely and you'll see the stitches:



All in all things are going well.

Ended the day in town, I sat in Costa Coffee while @geeminx went shopping. Then a long boring standing all the way bus journey back home.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment